Information Collected and Purposes of Collection
While visiting any of NewsBank’s websites including but not limited to, www.insightfulphilanthropy.com; www.NewsBank.com; www.InfoWeb.NewsBank.com; www.NewsLibrary.com; www.GeneologyBank.com; and www.Readex.com (“Site”), We may ask you to register and/or provide Us with information that personally identifies you (“Personal Information”). Personal Information may include, but is not limited to, your name, phone number, street address, and e-mail address. On any page that collects Personal Information, We will specifically describe what information is required in order to enable your interaction with the Site, provide you with the product or service you are requesting, enter you in the promotion you have requested, respond to your inquiry or comment, or other uses as described in this Policy. We may also log IP addresses (the location of a computer on the Internet) from visitors such as yourself for systems administration and troubleshooting purposes and to determine site usage.
We may also use Personal Information to contact you regarding third party products and/or services that We believe may be of interest to you. You will at all times be able to opt out from receiving advertising communications from Us. Please refer to “Opting-Out” section below for more details.
Third Party Products/Services
If you sign up for a product or service We offer on the Site, We may share Personal Information with a third party such as a credit card processor and/or shipping and fulfillment services company, in order to provide you with the product or service you are requesting. These third parties are required to comply with this policy and to protect your information in the same way We do. They are not permitted to retain or use Personal Information for any purpose unrelated to providing the product or service you requested. By choosing to sign up for such products or services, you are agreeing to and acknowledging the release and use of your Personal Information to such third for such purposes, if necessary.
Third party sites linked to and from the Site are not necessarily under the control of NewsBank. NewsBank shall have no responsibilities or liabilities whatsoever for the content or privacy practices of any such linked site or any link or linking program at any time. NewsBank does not necessarily endorse companies (or related products or services) to or from which the Site is linked. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to the Site, you do so entirely at your own risk.
CRM Data Collected In Connection With Insightful Services
In connection with using Insightful services at www.insightfulphilanthropy.com, We may receive information from your customer relationship management system (the “CRM Data”) in connection with your use of Insightful. We shall not obtain any rights, title, or interest in any CRM Data.
Treatment of CRM Data: We may only (i) use CRM Data to carry out the purposes of the Insightful services; and (ii) disclose CRM Data to those third parties operating under non-disclosure provisions no less restrictive than those set forth herein and who have a justified business "need to know.” We are responsible for any mistreatment of CRM Data by such third parties. We must protect CRM Data using the same degree of care We use to protect our own confidential and proprietary information, but in any case, not less than reasonable care, and protect such information in accordance with applicable laws.
Security of CRM Data:
- We have implemented and will maintain administrative, physical, and technical safeguards designed to: (i) protect against anticipated threats or hazards to the security of your CRM Data, and (ii) protect against unauthorized access to or use of CRM Data that could materially harm you. Our technical safeguards include firewalls, virus and intrusion detection, and authentication protocols. In order to continually improve our safeguards, We reserve the right to make changes to the physical and technical safeguards, policies, and data security programs at any time, provided We will at all times maintain commercially reasonable information security procedures and standards. You acknowledge that the Insightful services may include sending email and publishing web pages over the public Internet using SMTP or HTTP protocols, and that these standard protocols do not support many enhanced data security protections. In no case will the use of the public Internet in this manner be deemed to violate our obligations hereunder.
- We have implemented commercially reasonable, written policies and procedures addressing potential Security Breaches and have a breach response plan in place.
- Within seventy-two (72) hours of discovery, We will report any Security Breach to you. "Security Breach” means any unauthorized access, use, disclosure, modification, or destruction affecting the confidentiality of your CRM Data. Security Breaches shall not include: (a) "pings” on an information system firewall; (b) port scans; (c) attempts to log on to an information system or enter a database with an invalid password or user name; (d) denial-of-service attacks that do not result in a server being taken offline; or (e) malware (e.g., a worm or virus) that does not result in unauthorized access, use, disclosure, modification, or destruction of your CRM Data.
- In the event of a Security Breach, We will use commercially reasonable efforts to mitigate any negative consequences resulting directly from the Security Breach and will use commercially reasonable efforts to implement procedures to prevent the recurrence of a similar Security Breach.
- We will use industry standard methods for the destruction of your CRM Data in accordance with the Termination of Insightful Services provision below.
Your Obligation regarding CRM Data: You agree to administer and monitor the use of your login IDs, passwords, and all accesses to the Insightful services by your employees. You commit to take commercially reasonable security precautions to prevent unauthorized or fraudulent use of your CRM Data and the Insightful services. You warrant and represent that any personally identifiable information contained in your CRM Data was properly received from that person and they have granted you the rights to use and load their personally identifiable information in Insightful.
Ownership of CRM Data: You own your CRM Data. In order for Insightful to provide its services, you grant to Insightful and its suppliers a nonexclusive, fully paid-up license to use, reproduce, store, modify, and display your CRM Data in Insightful. Insightful may aggregate information from your use of Insightful with information from other customers' use, and use and disclose such results on an aggregated and anonymized basis for any purpose provided We do not individually identify you or your CRM Data.
Termination of Insightful Services: If Insightful has your CRM Data in its possession upon termination of your Insightful services, We will destroy all CRM Data in our possession or control upon request no later than 90 days from such request or as otherwise required under federal, state and local laws in accordance with all applicable privacy laws and regulations.
We may employ cookies (i.e., small data text files that websites send to your browser and are stored on your system) and other similar technologies (e.g., web beacons, pixels, ad tags, device identifiers, and web analytics services) to recognize you and/or your devices and to track your usage of the Site to help tailor it to your interests and needs. By tracking usage, We can also best determine the features that serve you best. In addition, by identifying your computer (but not any Personal Information) to our server, these tools also may allow you to avoid retyping your e-mail addresses and passwords each time you access the Site.
You may decline cookies by selecting an option on your browser. If you do so, however, portions of the Site which require registration may not be accessible to you, and you may need to re-submit certain registration information each time you access the Site.
NewsBank cares about the safety of children and their use of the Internet. Therefore, in accordance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, We will never knowingly request or solicit personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without verifiable parental consent. In the event that We receive actual knowledge that We have collected such personal information without the requisite and verifiable parental consent, We will delete that information from our database as quickly as is practicable.
We respect your privacy and ability to choose whether to share information with Us and any third party. When choosing to use certain features or services on the Site, you can choose whether to share optional Personal Information in connection with that feature or service. If you receive communications from Us that you prefer not to receive, you may request to opt out from receiving these communications by contacting Us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may "opt-out" altogether from providing Personal Information to Us by not registering on the Site and thereby not providing Personal Information. You may also choose at a later date to confirm the accuracy of your Personal Information that you have provided to Us, or inactivate your account by contacting Us at email@example.com.
Certain portions of the Site and certain services provided on the Site, however, do require registration in order to access or use these areas and services. If you choose not to register or provide certain information, these areas will not be accessible to you.
NewsBank maintains industry standard safeguards to help protect the security, integrity, and privacy of the Personal Information that you may provide to NewsBank. While no website can guarantee exhaustive security, We maintain appropriate physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect any Personal Information collected via the Site. You acknowledge that the use of the Site may include sending email and publishing web pages over the public Internet using SMTP or HTTP protocols, and that these standard protocols do not support many enhanced data security protections. In no case will the use of the public Internet in this manner be deemed to violate our obligations hereunder.
For Customers Located in the European Union
Given that NewsBank is established in the U.S., your Personal Data will be transferred to the U.S. for processing, where less strict privacy protections may apply to your Personal Data than those in the EU. However, NewsBank will take reasonable measures to ensure your Personal Data remain protected in compliance with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
You acknowledge that the transfer of your Personal Data to the U.S. is necessary for the purposes described above. You have the right to request access to, correction of, or erasure of your Personal Data. You may also request restrictions on or object to certain Processing of your Personal Data, or request the portability of your Personal Data. If you would like to make any such requests or would like more information about your rights related to your Personal Data, you can contact the NewsBank’s Privacy Officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or 1.800.762.8182. You understand and agree that NewsBank’s ability to comply with the requests you may make regarding the Processing of your Personal Data may be limited by NewsBank’s internal policies, and applicable laws and regulatory requirements that NewsBank is required to comply with. You acknowledge that the Personal Data collection, use, and transfer activities described in this Policy are necessary for the performance of the services rendered by NewsBank.
You also have a right to lodge a complaint with your country’s supervisory authority.
NewsBank will retain a copy of your Personal Data until completion of the purposes listed in this Policy or for as long as reasonably necessary for NewsBank to comply with applicable law and NewsBank’s internal retention policies.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this Policy, please contact Us at: email@example.com
Notice to Freelance Authors
NewsBank respects the intellectual property of others. The licensors of articles appearing on our Site have assured Us that they have the right to authorize electronic distribution of the articles they provide to Us. If you are a freelance author, and if you have questions or concerns regarding the electronic distribution of your article(s), We recommend that you contact your publisher directly. If you dispute the right of your publisher to authorize electronic distribution of your article(s), you may provide Us with a written notification of your claim. Your notification to Us must be in writing and must include all of the following information:
- A full and complete identification of your article(s) (namely, the title and listed author(s), publication in which it appears on our Site, the original publication date, and the web page on our Site in which it appears);
- Your name, address, telephone number, facsimile number and e-mail address;
- A statement that you own the copyright at issue or that you are acting on behalf of the owner (and, if acting, the name, address and telephone number of the copyright owner for whom you are acting), and, if the copyright has been registered, a copy of the copyright registration or its number and date; and
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that electronic distribution of the article(s) has not been authorized by the copyright owner, its licensees or agents, or by applicable law.
Your contact information must be accurate and complete so that We can confirm the authenticity of your request and follow up with you if We have difficulty identifying your article. You must sign your notification and affirm to the truth of items (1) – (4) in the form of a statement, sworn and notarized, under penalty of perjury.
You must send this request to Us at the following address by U.S. Mail or overnight courier. (We regret that We cannot process notifications by fax, telephone, telegram, or e-mail.)
Attn: Rights & Permissions Department
5801 Pelican Bay Boulevard
Naples, FL 34108-2734
Effective Date and Changes
This Policy is effective as of 10/27/2021. NewsBank reserves the right to modify the terms of this policy at any time and in our sole discretion, by posting a change notice to this page. Your continued use of the Site following our posting of a change in the Policy will constitute binding acknowledgement and acceptance of those changes.